3 Local Shires-Inspired Cocktails To Get You Through the Holidays
We get it. Eggnog is great. But in The Shires we do things a bit differently! Here are 3 local Shires-Inspired Cocktails to get you through the holiday's in style.
Give these a try and let us know your favorite!
Spicy Bourbon Cider
- Dorset Maple Reserve Smoked and Spicy Maple syrup
- Bulleit Bourbon
- Fresh apple cider
- Apple wheel garnish.
- In a large glass add 1oz maple syrup
- 1.5 oz Bulleit Bourbon
- Top with cider
- Shake and garnish with Apple wheel
Blood Orange Paloma
- Blood Orange puree
- Fresh lime
- Solerno blood orange liquor
- Milagro silver tequila
- Grapefruit juice
- In a high ball glass add 1 oz of blood orange puree or muddled blood orange
- Add 1/2 lime squeezed
- Add .5 oz Solerno blood orange puree
- Add 1.5 oz Tequilla
- Too with grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with lime and thyme sprig.
Scott Corey, Bar Manager at Barrows House in Dorset, Vermont
Snowballs and Language
- allspice dram
- cold, dark roast coffee with a float of shaken cream.
- Garnish will a sprinkle of cinnamon and a chocolate covered espresso bean from the Village Chocolate Shop.
Lisa Harrington-Redding, Safford Mills Inn & Cafe in Bennington, Vermont