Conveniently located in Southern Vermont...
Bennington is a great getaway destination
offering a variety of attractions for visitors of all ages.
- Visit Vermont Covered Bridges and observe how they were constructed.
- Tour historic homes and learn about their famous inhabitants.
- See your favorite cars of yester-year at an old-fashioned filling station.
- Learn about farm animals as well as endangered wildlife.
- Take a tour of a world renowned pottery...see potters at work.
- Pick your own berries; choose your own pumpkin, taste Vermont Maple Syrup.
- Enjoy live theatre or one of our many summer concerts at a variety of venues.
- Experience one of our scenic walking tours.
- Snowmobile, snowshoe, ski or hike the Green Mountains.
- Fish or canoe our clear streams and rivers.
- Swim or kayak in our lakes.
- Enjoy a round of golf of 18 holes.
- Take a back road excursion, a trail or hay ride.
- See a hit movie "under the stars" at an old-fashioned drive-in theatre.
- Bennington has it all!
Bennington, Vermont established in 1749 serves as the economic and cultural center of
Southwestern Vermont. Bennington is adjacent to both New York and Massachusetts;
is only 3 hours from Boston or New York City and 50 minutes from the Albany International
Airport in Albany, NY.